West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

This really made me angry......Money in football has gone too far!

Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

This really made me angry......Money in football has gone too far! Empty This really made me angry......Money in football has gone too far!

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 7:48 pm

Huddersfield chief executive Nigel Clibbens has revealed that the club faced a points deduction if next month's game against Hull was not live on Sky.

West Yorkshire Police had originally blocked the move on safety grounds but after the Terriers informed them of a possible points sanction it was agreed the game could kick-off at 5.20pm on March 30th, as long as certain precautions were taken.

Hull have been allocated just 1,500 tickets while the game has been classified as a `Category A ' fixture, costing £32. Town fans can only purchase tickets if they have a booking history with the club, while Hull fans would have to buy through their official travel club.
    It could mean City fans who live in Huddersfield will be forced to travel to Hull to get on an official coach to get to the game.

But Clibbens insists this was the only way they could ensure the club would avoid breaching a contract which insists Championship clubs host at least one Sky televised game per season.
    "Being faced with the unenviable prospect of not fulfilling the Sky TV contract and the huge potential implications for the club, we are just very relieved the game is to be staged," Clibbens told the Huddersfield Examiner.

"The real people who suffer are the normal everyday Hull fans who just want to support their team but have to abide by the restrictions.
    "We are really grateful for the support of Hull City in helping us deal with the issue and agreeing to the conditions, which meant that West Yorkshire Police was willing to move from its original position to sanction the game.

"The Football League also told us that no club in the history of all the Sky agreements had failed to fulfil its TV obligations - every team must have one live televised home game.

"If we couldn't fulfil this, we could be subject to sanctions including a possible points deduction."

angry2 Now this takes the cake.......How is it that refusing or failing to provide SKY TV with a live football match comes with a points deduction....Complete and utter bullshit! Money has completely ruined the game I love my club but right now with all the cowardly dealings and bullshit excuses I would be very happy to see the game die a slow and painful death in the wake of all this Sky cash and watch that smug bastard Murdoch watch his Sky Sports empire come crumbling down (I mean lets face it nobody wants to pay to watch speedway, darts and cricket) Football is a complete and utter joke these days!

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 2:08 pm