West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
alfiehammer
manurewa hammer
westhamonkey
RichB
8 posters

Nolan out for 6 weeks

RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Nolan out for 6 weeks Empty Nolan out for 6 weeks

Post  RichB Sun 24 Aug 2014, 11:19 pm

So it will be interesting to see the line up and style of play with Nolan out for at least 6 weeks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Nolan out for 6 weeks Empty Re: Nolan out for 6 weeks

Post  westhamonkey Mon 25 Aug 2014, 1:44 am

could be the 'best' injury news we've had in a long time...

now if only Carlton could join him in the sick bay, we might have the makings of a fairly decent team.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Mon 25 Aug 2014, 8:04 am

westhamonkey wrote:

now if only Carlton could join him in the sick bay, we might have the makings of a fairly decent team.

I didn't see you jumping on the 'Carlton out" bandwagon Monkey?!! I hope he stays fit and bangs in a few more.
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Mon 25 Aug 2014, 9:04 am

manurewa hammer wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

I didn't see you jumping on the 'Carlton out" bandwagon Monkey?!! I hope he stays fit and bangs in a few more.
    Hear hear!  hatsoff 
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 25 Aug 2014, 12:37 pm

I actually like Nolan, think as a leader he is great, and he always seems to have scored whenever i went along to see west ham 'live'. that said i do think we might be better off without him in the starting line up. but no way i will celebrate the fact he is injured.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 25 Aug 2014, 2:26 pm

manurewa hammer wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

huh?

I started the bandwagon... when we were back in the Chimps league

I've nothing against Carlton as a human being, he comes across as a truly nice person and I fully respect that... but I have a huge problem with him as a professional footballer... he's complete and utter shite as a centre forward and as long as we play him as a striker or (god forbid) a lone striker... we are doomed.

The fact that he scores a goal once a year - as in the case of saturday's, a gilt edge present that even I wouldn't have missed is just a smoke screen that blind people are fooled into thinking that somehow make him worthy of a starting place in the first team line up.

As great a person as he is, Carlton Cole is emblematic of everything that is wrong with our club and every time I see his name on the team sheet I basically shit my pants.

I'm happy for him that he has a good paying job, I'm happy for him that he has a goal every other game record this season... but that's it... he should barely make it to the subs bench if we are really serious about going anywhere but either down or around and around the bottom three.
    Nothing I've seen of him in the time he's been with the club has given me any cause to change my opinion.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:13 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    manurewa hammer wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

huh?

I've nothing against Carlton as a human being, he comes across as a truly nice person and I fully respect that...  but I have a huge problem with him as a professional footballer... he's complete and utter shite as a centre forward and as long as we play him as a striker or (god forbid) a lone striker... we are doomed.

The fact that he scores a goal once a year - as in the case of saturday's, a gilt edge present that even I wouldn't have missed is just a smoke screen that blind people are fooled into thinking that somehow make him worthy of a starting place in the first team line up.

As great a person as he is, Carlton Cole is emblematic of everything that is wrong with our club and every time I see his name on the team sheet I basically shit my pants.

I'm happy for him that he has a good paying job, I'm happy for him that he has a goal every other game record this season... but that's it... he should barely make it to the subs bench if we are really serious about going anywhere but either down or around and around the bottom three.
    Nothing I've seen of him in the time he's been with the club has given me any cause to change my opinion.
    So Mate, if I said to you, that he played his heart out in pre season, Looked as good as anyone out here in NZ, Now comes back and starts v Spurs and then against Palace and scores, then what do you say? With respect Monk, I think the bloke has been much maligned without a lot of foundation. MHO of course.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:18 am

Don't want to knock Nolan who I think has been a good captain but this could be very good for the team.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 26 Aug 2014, 4:11 pm

manurewa hammer wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:
    manurewa hammer wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

huh?

I've nothing against Carlton as a human being, he comes across as a truly nice person and I fully respect that...  but I have a huge problem with him as a professional footballer... he's complete and utter shite as a centre forward and as long as we play him as a striker or (god forbid) a lone striker... we are doomed.

So Mate, if I said to you, that he played his heart out in pre season, Looked as good as anyone out here in NZ, Now comes back and starts v Spurs and then against Palace and scores, then what  do you say? With respect Monk, I think the bloke has been much maligned without a lot of foundation. MHO of course.

How much foundation do you need?

He's a striker... his goals per game record is terrible

His play on the park is awful. He leaps, heads the ball... nowhere... out of play... to the opposition.

That's why his one unarguable contribution to the game is in defense because back there his random heading ability is actually quite welcome because I don't think he's ever managed to head a ball towards goal.

His possession and distribution is worse than mine.

The one skill he does possess is the ability to turn and shoot in the blink of an eye - which is kinda what he did on saturday (not that any professional footballer should fail to score unmarked from 6 yards out)
    But he does that maybe once a season - if he's lucky.

Like I said... he seems like a very decent human being - but he's a shit footballer if you consider him a striker or forward of any worth.

And the bigger problem with his inclusion in our team is that he is used as camouflage to make it look like we have striking options - but having a useless striker who rarely scores is not an option.

Trust me... no one would be happier than me if Carlton was the answer to all our prayers or the solution to all our footballing problems... but he isn't... he's a badly underperforming band-aid...

So, no... nothing about Carlton Cole makes me want him in our team or at our club other than it's probably nice to have him around cos he's a good bloke - but in professional footballing terms...

No, NO, NO.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:06 am

Monk, In my opinion, a striker is only as good as the ammunition he is provided with, Now, that hasn't been so great until very recently . We now have Downing and Cresswell down the flanks, and Zarate buzzing around in behind. Thats got to be good, and have every central striker licking their lips at the prospect of plenty of chances coming their way. I reckon there are reasons aplenty why Coles goal scoring record is what it is, and maybe the fault is not all his! all my opinion of course!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:33 pm

manurewa hammer wrote:Monk, In my opinion, a striker is only as good as the ammunition he is provided with, Now, that hasn't been so great until very recently . We now have Downing and Cresswell down the flanks, and Zarate buzzing around in behind. Thats got to be good, and have every central striker licking their lips at the prospect of plenty of chances coming their way. I reckon there are reasons aplenty why Coles goal scoring record is what it is, and maybe the fault is not all his!  all my opinion of course!
     Oh come on ! When we had Downing and Jarvis pinging crosses into the box Cole still rarely ever looked like profiting from it. His football brain is not that of an instinctive striker who loses his marker, makes a run across the defence or even attacks a ball in the air. It's sadly just not in his armoury I am afraid
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Wed 27 Aug 2014, 9:10 pm

Maybe he is actually a defender but nobody has realised it yet
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 27 Aug 2014, 9:16 pm

Kray JR wrote:Maybe he is actually a defender but nobody has realised it yet

cheesey grin  Defensively from corners he is excellent Dave !
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Thu 28 Aug 2014, 7:52 am

Tony P wrote:
    manurewa hammer wrote:Monk, In my opinion, a striker is only as good as the ammunition he is provided with, Now, that hasn't been so great until very recently . We now have Downing and Cresswell down the flanks, and Zarate buzzing around in behind. Thats got to be good, and have every central striker licking their lips at the prospect of plenty of chances coming their way. I reckon there are reasons aplenty why Coles goal scoring record is what it is, and maybe the fault is not all his!  all my opinion of course!
     Oh come on ! When we had Downing and Jarvis pinging crosses into the box Cole still rarely ever looked like profiting from it. His football brain is not that of an instinctive striker who loses his marker, makes a run across the defence or even attacks a ball in the air. It's sadly just not in his armoury I am afraid

Was the great AC's record any better WHEN he played? I think the stats say a big no. Again my comments re the service may be relevant.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 28 Aug 2014, 1:57 pm

I'm glad Tony P agrees with me - mainly because it means I'm not entirely delusional.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Fri 29 Aug 2014, 8:56 am

Strange as it is Monkey, I agree with you and Dave as well. 

CfC is not, has not ever been and will not ever be a striker. He has scored goals, some very good ones but they are as rare as hens teeth. 

He cannot trap a ball and has the first touch of a rapist. I can see no point to him what so ever. He is only marginally better than Marlene, imo.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Fri 29 Aug 2014, 2:34 pm

Marlene?

I was thinking more along the lines of Mike Small
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sat 30 Aug 2014, 2:11 pm

westhamonkey wrote:
    Marlene?

Harewood
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 30 Aug 2014, 3:26 pm

I know who Marlene is....

I prefer Marlene to Cole... my point was Cole to me is in te Mike Small league... i.e. totally useless

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:47 am