West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+7
Tony P
Hungry Hammer 66
alfiehammer
Arran H
RichB
westhamonkey
Admin
11 posters

West Ham United FC V Southampton

Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

West Ham United FC V Southampton - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United FC V Southampton

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sun 31 Aug 2014, 9:14 am

Charlie Ham wrote:Did not want to write any comments yesterday due to being in a bad state of mind.
    Still quite shocked by our performance in which we looked bad right from the kick off.
    Can't see any change from last year, if anything that was some of the worst play I have seen in years from a West Ham team.
    That performance is worrying and if not checked then we will soon be bottom.
    Some players were half asleep and others could not care less.

I like my boys have paid for season tickets. Queue up at the Blackwall tunnel. Watch a non competitive game. Queue up at the Blackwall tunnel going home and then wonder why I bother to go if it makes me angry.
    I just wonder why I go?

Something needs to change. Feb up with all the crap that comes out of SAM month, always some excuse.
    The Dave's need to wise up and see the back of him.

clap clap clap
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

West Ham United FC V Southampton - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United FC V Southampton

Post  Tony P Sun 31 Aug 2014, 9:16 am

Charlie Ham wrote:Did not want to write any comments yesterday due to being in a bad state of mind.
    Still quite shocked by our performance in which we looked bad right from the kick off.
    Can't see any change from last year, if anything that was some of the worst play I have seen in years from a West Ham team.
    That performance is worrying and if not checked then we will soon be bottom.
    Some players were half asleep and others could not care less.

I like my boys have paid for season tickets. Queue up at the Blackwall tunnel. Watch a non competitive game. Queue up at the Blackwall tunnel going home and then wonder why I bother to go if it makes me angry.
    I just wonder why I go?

Something needs to change. Feb up with all the crap that comes out of SAM month, always some excuse.
    The Dave's need to wise up and see the back of him.
     Was saying EXACTLY the same things to anyone who cared to listen yesterday Charlie !
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sun 31 Aug 2014, 9:29 am

Look, I know we can't blame the manager wholly for dreadful defending & lacklustre attacking, but the blame is squarely on his shoulders for selecting the wrong players, putting them in the wrong positions and adopting the wrong set up and style of play! It's exactly the same as last season, but with a couple of new players thrown in that will be dragged down to the nauseating level of play we've endured over the past 2 years under Fat Sham. There's one solution to this circus the Dildo Dave's have created at our club which should have been taken last year but will will this board have the balls to make the decision that would delight 80% the fans and see Allardyce finally sacked...........and then of course what decent manager would want to work for the clowns who own our club ???

P.S Some quotes by the journalists discussing yesterday's game on The Sunday Supplement this morning,

Talking about Koeman "Important for a new manager to get away wins any where, all be it against West Ham"

"They (WestHam) were played off the park yesterday and if you look at the stats they were savage in a negative sense for West Ham in terms of possession and shots etc and Koeman was scathing afterward saying they are easy to play against they just bang it up and look for a knock down which is not what Allardyce wants to hear other managers saying about him at the moment given this demand and pledge about playing  extravagant exciting, extravagant football"

Paul Hayward on SoGo and Allardyce
    "The most humiliating instruction ever issued to a manager, in my view entertain or your out; to keep your job you need to be more entertaining I mean who excepts that "

Last edited by Hungry Hammer 66 on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 31 Aug 2014, 11:23 am

watched the low-lights this morning......shocking defending for the goals.

Players paid millions of pounds to defend like schoolboys.

I moan at my Jack, who is 10,  for switching off during a match for a second when grown men cant even do it.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 31 Aug 2014, 4:02 pm

the part I can't understand - which will come as no surprise to anyone - is the inclusion of Carlton Cole.

the accepted Big Sam tactics is to hoof the ball up field and hope to knock it down to a striker for them to score.

but how does this happen?

Carlton Cole is our chosen centre forward (chosen by Sam, not me - I'd fire anyone who selected CFC as the centre forward from the first minute of a game) but the problem with Cole is that his distribution is WOEFUL.
    He can't jump and head the ball with any accuracy... with any intent other than to try to get his head to it... he has no spatial awareness... never looks around, never seems able to get any deliberate direction on it...

We used to play Jarvis and Downing on the songs to provide the same ammunition in a flawed system from the wings rather than defense.

Now Jarvis isn't playing... so we become even more one dimensional and easy to counter because we have Downing... and, err... just Downing.

So where is the logic in the system?

Our 'big man' is inept at playing the ball to his team mates.
    We don't have any other players that can fill that role
    We don't change the system to accommodate the skills, sizes and talents of the players we do have...

We play to a system that our players cannot handle, are not suited to... and never change the system to the accommodate what our players can do...

That's the part that drives me insane...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 3:49 am