West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+9
Charlie Ham
mottinghammer
Jiggs
westhamonkey
alfiehammer
Blakey
Arran H
Tony P
Campo
13 posters

Winter 2015 silly season

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Winter 2015 silly season - Page 3 Empty Re: Winter 2015 silly season

Post  Jiggs Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:01 pm

You couldn't make it up could ya?    rofl smiley
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:07 pm

Adebayor is at West Ham for talks turd lazy git
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:09 pm

Campo wrote:Yep, looking like zarate back in place of Jarvis
    also looking at a senegalese (sp?) centre back

this is a post of Kumb that made me laugh

NeverSayDie wrote:
    Only at West Ham do you loan out another player to get your own player back that your Manager doesn't want. The next few weeks should be fun. We will now be left with a first team squad of 20 with 7 of them injured and one in the **** with FIFA.

Plus the one defender we might get also represents the country that reported us to FIFA for a crime we claim we did not commit. Now if that isn't ****ing farcical, I'd love someone to show me a deadline day that can beat that.

Premier League may block the Zarate/Jarvis deal
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:09 pm

From David Gold on Twitter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Don't go to bed. dg
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:13 pm

Don't think it will happen but I would love it if we managed to sign Adebayor on Loan from Spurs , He always does well when he is on loan at a club and he would certainly help us to achieve a top 8 finish for sure !
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:36 pm

All bets are off by the look of it
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:37 pm

damn.... we might FINALLY be getting rid of Carlton Cole?

the resumption of nuptials between BFSA and Karate would be interesting to say the least...
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 02 Feb 2015, 11:05 pm

westhamonkey wrote:
    damn.... we might FINALLY be getting rid of Carlton Cole?

the resumption of nuptials between BFSA and Karate would be interesting to say the least...

looks like cos we did not get the spud, we have pulled cole to WBA
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 02 Feb 2015, 11:19 pm

An Unsatisfying transfer window to match our form since late december onwards. It was so enjoyable feeling optimistic for those few months. Might be me, but with injuries, results, Senegal etc it just feels like the bubble has well and truly burst.

Last edited by alfiehammer on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added an n)
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:31 am

Yup;..

No Adebayor...

So we still got Cole

We still got Jarvis...

ugh... i can't even be bothered...
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Tue 03 Feb 2015, 7:06 am

Well we alle hoped for some cover for our injured players and maybe someone who can replace Nolan/Noble and a new CB. But we didn't lose any players either. We still have Reid and will have plenty of time to find a replacement before next season. We still have Valencia and we haven't seen the best of him yet, I think. We still have our entire team who could beat anyone during the start of the season. Now we just need to get them all fit again and get that Sakho business sorted out. We are already safe and will finish in 8th position by the looks of it. The teams below us are too weak to catch up and those above us are now gaining momentum like Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool, so we won't be catching up on them. We stay here in 8th and we will probably focus on the FA cup, if we are allowed Winter 2015 silly season - Page 3 780148547
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 03 Feb 2015, 9:39 am

The whole January window was handled in a typical amateurish way by our club. We went into the season with only 3 senior centre backs; one of which Collins is injury-prone as we know. So the cover was JOB or (at the time) a 17 year old Reece Burke. At a push we would have taken Kouyate out of midfield to play him there. Foolish

We now have injuries to Collins, Reid and Tomkins - all soft tissue injuries to the hamstring. Injuries that our manager and sports science department allegedly spend millions on preventing. Doh !!

There was little anybody could do about Andy Carroll's injury except perhaps to have given him a rest as he has played almost every minute since he's been back from his ankle injury

If we are found guilty of breaking FIFA rules by playing Sakho at Bristol City then it will be another example of amateurish operations at the club. If he gets banned then we are left with Carlton Cole up front who is unlikely to be motivated considering we tried to offload him last night to WBA and replace him with the serial "don't give a flying fupp" Adebayor. Valencia has shown that he has neither the physical strength or aptitude to play up top to lead the line

I really thought that once the Icelandic/ Duxbury regime had gone that these sort of self-destruct periods were behind us. Clearly not

Angry of Sidcup
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 03 Feb 2015, 11:40 am

yeah that Winter 2015 silly season - Page 3 1803945174 Not looking forward to the next few weeks which could see us tumble down the table Winter 2015 silly season - Page 3 2723394577
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 03 Feb 2015, 4:48 pm

The IronDane wrote:Well we alle hoped for some cover for our injured players and maybe someone who can replace Nolan/Noble and a new CB. But we didn't lose any players either. We still have Reid and will have plenty of time to find a replacement before next season. We still have Valencia and we haven't seen the best of him yet, I think. We still have our entire team who could beat anyone during the start of the season. Now we just need to get them all fit again and get that Sakho business sorted out. We are already safe and will finish in 8th position by the looks of it. The teams below us are too weak to catch up and those above us are now gaining momentum like Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool, so we won't be catching up on them. We stay here in 8th and we will probably focus on the FA cup, if we are allowed Winter 2015 silly season - Page 3 780148547

Nice summary dude, although the pessimist in me hope we find a bit of form so we don't finish more like 14th which does seem possible to me....
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 03 Feb 2015, 4:52 pm

Tony P wrote:The whole January window was handled in a typical amateurish way by our club. We went into the season with only 3 senior centre backs; one of which Collins is injury-prone as we know. So the cover was JOB or (at the time) a 17 year old Reece Burke. At a push we would have taken Kouyate out of midfield to play him there. Foolish

We now have injuries to Collins, Reid and Tomkins - all soft tissue injuries to the hamstring. Injuries that our manager and sports science department allegedly spend millions on preventing. Doh !!

There was little anybody could do about Andy Carroll's injury except perhaps to have given him a rest as he has played almost every minute since he's been back from his ankle injury

If we are found guilty of breaking FIFA rules by playing Sakho at Bristol City then it will be another example of amateurish operations at the club. If he gets banned then we are left with Carlton Cole up front who is unlikely to be motivated considering we tried to offload him last night to WBA and replace him with the serial "don't give a flying fupp" Adebayor. Valencia has shown that he has neither the physical strength or aptitude to play up top to lead the line

I really thought that once the Icelandic/ Duxbury regime had gone that these sort of self-destruct periods were behind us. Clearly not

Angry of 

Only thing id argue with that (and it's not really an argument) is I would still greatly prefer the dodgy Dave's to the biscuit men and duxbury. NOTHING is worse the duxbury. 

I do do wonder if a lot of what's to blame is levy. He seems an absolute scrotum to me. 
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 03 Feb 2015, 6:46 pm

I agree about our owners Alfie. I have nothing but admiration for what they have achieved since they took over. It is the MANAGER who prioritises players and he went into the season with 3 senior centre backs. Not good enough

As for Levy. He is a slippery horrible man. However, he is a shrewd hard-nosed businessman. I do not blame him for not wanting to loan one of his strikers to a rival (his words) and also to pay half of his wages. Why would he ?!!
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 03 Feb 2015, 7:04 pm

Most disappointing thing for me is Sam in the last year has had 4 months worth of transfer windows to get in a much needed 1st team centre back, how on earth are we so inept that we can not achieve this
    our aim over the last year appears to be to flood the squad with middle of the park players in mass numbers
    Is our scouting network really that piss poor that we can't find a centre back within our limits?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 03 Feb 2015, 9:00 pm

But to be fair...

we have three pretty good CBs

even with Reid going, we have three pretty good centrebacks in the first team at least until the end of the season...

So you can see people jumping up and down pulling their hair out if we buy a centreback... someone somewhere will say... yeah but we need more strikers, yeah but we need a better midfield... yeah but we need an LB or RB...

it's a no-win situation...

getting all three injured at once (two in the same game) is just piss poor bad luck

buying in the january window is never a good idea (no matter how the media tries to big it up)

bringing in a new CB in the summer when we will know for sure whether Reid stays or goes and where we are European/Premier League wise is really not the most illogical transfer policy

Last edited by westhamonkey on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my brain hurts...)
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 03 Feb 2015, 10:45 pm

If Reid goes we need two centre backs

Just had a full look at the squad, we are playing by the look of it with only 21 first team players
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 04 Feb 2015, 6:05 am

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 04 Feb 2015, 5:38 pm

Interesting read.
    OK we did not do well in this window but he,s right about what has happen in Liverpool which makes matter worst.
    I think as I have done since Christmas in that the manager selection is wrong.
    Keeps picking Nolan, Noble and now Javis is getting a chance.
    Should have got rid of those 3 in this window and brought in others to replace them.
    Only problem was Sam and nobody else would spend any money on them.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 04 Feb 2015, 6:02 pm

Campo wrote:Most disappointing thing for me is Sam in the last year has had 4 months worth of transfer windows to get in a much needed 1st team centre back, how on earth are we so inept that we can not achieve this
    our aim over the last year appears to be to flood the squad with middle of the park players in mass numbers
    Is our scouting network really that piss poor that we can't find a centre back within our limits?

Bigger PL clubs with deeper pockets are also desperate to sign a quality CB, and have not succeeded either.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 07 Feb 2015, 9:55 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:
    Campo wrote:Most disappointing thing for me is Sam in the last year has had 4 months worth of transfer windows to get in a much needed 1st team centre back, how on earth are we so inept that we can not achieve this

Bigger PL clubs with deeper pockets are also desperate to sign a quality CB, and have not succeeded either.

case in point being that most of them want to sign Reid from US
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 07 Feb 2015, 10:06 pm

great read - BFSA's column in the ... wait a min... I'll see if I can find it...

Evening Standard... that's why I couldn't find it... Winter 2015 silly season - Page 3 1626210847

For all the haters... it sucks being the boss sometimes...

"The most disappointing aspect of a miserable day was having to call Carlton Cole, who was still at West Brom’s training ground, at 10.55pm and say to him: “Sorry, you’re going to have to come back.”

Winter 2015 silly season - Page 3 2067971686

"It has been reported that Carlton had a rant at me on the phone and that was right. There’s nothing wrong with that — he was entitled to give us a b*****king. He’d just been offered a long-term deal at West Brom while his contract with us is up this summer and he doesn’t know whether he will be given another one."

Winter 2015 silly season - Page 3 3162320136
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 07 Feb 2015, 10:52 pm

Winter 2015 silly season - Page 3 1626210847

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 7:44 pm