West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+9
Charlie Ham
mottinghammer
Jiggs
westhamonkey
alfiehammer
Blakey
Arran H
Tony P
Campo
13 posters

Winter 2015 silly season

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Winter 2015 silly season - Page 4 Empty Re: Winter 2015 silly season

Post  alfiehammer Sun 08 Feb 2015, 8:53 am

a few selected quotes i thought were interesting...."We let them off the hook and I’m not looking for excuses with our injuries" followed by "With our injuries, we’re not in the best of shape"

On Cole and Matty: "Carlton came to see me on Wednesday and said: “I’m going to have to get on with it.”

Depends on tone of voice, but that doesn't sound all that motivated to me (for all the understandable reasons mention din the article"

I loved the way he described matty's performances to date: "He will get another chance this season and he has to try and take it better than the others he has had so far this season."- very honest of Sam but pretty much saying matty has been a bit wank all season. 
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 08 Feb 2015, 4:29 pm

He's been pretty wank since we shelled out £10m for him. (the price not being his fault of course)

Don't really get the sympathy for C C, its a facet of the game and he (And I mean all in his situation) are handsomely rewarded for their uncertainty. These things happen and to be honest, a drop in his performances is hardly going to notice. But in his favour, I can't see him doing that.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 12 Feb 2015, 6:30 pm

"Allardyce also said the club cannot sign former Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra as a free agent because of "Fifa regulations".
    Allardyce added: "We have negotiated for weeks to get the right deal and, now we've got it, we find we can't get the right paperwork and the right clearance, so we have wasted his time and our time."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

do we not have someone at the club whose job it is to understand the rules we play by and make sure we follow them?

there just seems too many incidents...
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:13 pm

"The medial ligament on the inside of his knee has a little tear from a fairly innocuous collision," said manager Sam Allardyce on Friday.

Basically translates to "the guy is made of glass, the Southampton guy barely touched him"
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 18 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 18 Feb 2015, 9:05 pm

Sam will soon have him at left back.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 19 Feb 2015, 7:21 am

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Sam will soon have him at left back.

I doubt he will play much at all. Remember Wellington Paulista? Another player signed by Sullivan. Got on the bench ONCE I believe. Zarate and Sakho also Sullivan signings. Sakho got a game because AC was injured (again) then he had to keep playing as he kept scoring. Allardyce didn't want to sign him permanently. Zarate hardly got a chance and has been loaned out to QPR

Although he is an expert at free kicks Nene won't get a chance to take one because either a) Noble will chip it to the keeper b) Valencia will hit the wall or blast it over the bar or c) Downing will blast it over the bar
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 19 Feb 2015, 11:02 am

Tony P wrote:
    JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Sam will soon have him at left back.

I doubt he will play much at all. Remember Wellington Paulista? Another player signed by Sullivan. Got on the bench ONCE I believe. Zarate and Sakho also Sullivan signings. Sakho got a game because AC was injured (again) then he had to keep playing as he kept scoring. Allardyce didn't want to sign him permanently. Zarate hardly got a chance and has been loaned out to QPR

Although he is an expert at free kicks Nene won't get a chance to take one because either a) Noble will chip it to the keeper b) Valencia will hit the wall or blast it over the bar or c) Downing will blast it over the bar

I said that elsewhere. A cameo appearance just at the end of the game to appease DS. So unless he instantly sets the place alight (a la Sakho) he won't get much of a look in which is fair enough if players in his positions (wing or up 2front) are playing okay. It won't stop Sam's strange substitutions though, he'll come on but not for like-fo-like or an obvious tactical advantage!
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Thu 19 Feb 2015, 11:55 am

Very underwhelming, but then I suppose all it is about is to pad out our subs bench to see out the season (I don't think we'll see carroll again this season now). Shame really thta a youngster won't get that spare place on the sub bench.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 8:06 pm