West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+12
SemiOldIron
Kray JR
illhavehalf
shazza10
Tony P
Jiggs
lizzie
Blakey
mottinghammer
Suzanne Claret
Campo
Geezer
16 posters

Riots in Britain

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Riots in Britain - Page 4 Empty Re: Riots in Britain

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:41 am

ThreeWheeling wrote:there ya go [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Riots in Britain - Page 4 2068871521 Riots in Britain - Page 4 2068871521 Riots in Britain - Page 4 2068871521 Riots in Britain - Page 4 2068871521 Riots in Britain - Page 4 2068871521 Riots in Britain - Page 4 2068871521 Riots in Britain - Page 4 2068871521 Riots in Britain - Page 4 2068871521
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Wed 10 Aug 2011, 12:12 pm

ThreeWheeling wrote:there ya go [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    rofl smiley

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Wed 10 Aug 2011, 12:15 pm

Prime Minister, David Cameron has said water cannons will be available to the police to deal with rioting, if needed.

He also said baton rounds were already authorised for use by police.

Mr Cameron was speaking following a meeting of the government's emergency committee, COBRA, which had been assessing a fourth night of rioting in cities across England.

The worst trouble was in Manchester and Salford, where more than 100 arrests were made.

Mr Cameron said every option was being considered and whatever resources the police need they would get.

About bloody time , now we,ll see how tuff these little fuckers are
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 10 Aug 2011, 12:27 pm

Far far too late David….
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 10 Aug 2011, 1:05 pm

The Met bought two water cannon in the 1980's from the German police and we trained to w**k with them at the public order centre at Greenwich, with Instructors brought over from Germany. A few minor points we learnt very quickly was, we bought two, the German Fedral police had used 81 in disturbances earlier in that year (Think it was about 1983) in one city! Also they had there cities redesigned courtesy of the RAF, most of our high streets arn't big enough to take the damn things in the way the sausage eaters used them, and they lasted about 30 seconds before they had to go away and be refilled, which tokk 20mins each

Baton rounds are good but you need to get up close and personal to make the best use of them, and use them in very large numbers, personally, change of law needed, curfews imposed, sec 60 notices put inplace banning groups from assembling and wearing face masks (the law is already there, but needs to be used).

Oh and hanging them from lamp posts when caught, but then thats me taking something from left (and right) wing dictatorships. 😠
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 10 Aug 2011, 1:21 pm

That very interesting about water cannons, I just assumed they were the answer.

It will surprise you to know that I don’t usually advocate taking the law into your own because you end up looking as bad as the
    criminals, but the attempt of some to reclaim their city last night was wonderful. There is a little bit of me that wishes I had come face to face with a few looters Twisted Evil
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 10 Aug 2011, 1:28 pm

sounds like the courts are gonna go to town on this scum, normally a £50 fine and a slap on the wrist.

1321:
    The first person to appear before magistrates this morning, Alexis Bailey, 31, of Wye Street, Battersea, south London, was committed to Wood Green Crown Court, along with the majority of others. He pleaded guilty to burglary with intent to steal at Richer Sounds in Southend Road, Croydon on Monday. The BBC's Clive Coleman at Highbury Corner magistrates' court says his case is typical in that the magistrate committed him for sentence at the crown court. The reason for this is the magistrates' bench felt the riot was such an aggravating feature to the burglary that the crown court ought to sentence because they have additional powers. The magistrates felt that they had insufficient powers to sentence for a single count of burglary. They could only sentence for six months whereas that could be up to 10 years at the crown court.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 10 Aug 2011, 2:12 pm

Infantry Regiment called back from block leave on stand by
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Wed 10 Aug 2011, 3:16 pm

mottinghammer wrote:
    Baton rounds are good but you need to get up close and personal to make the best use of them, and use them in very large numbers,

No you don't.

The Army learned very quickly in the 80's that if you bounce them off the road, they are much more effective. They very quickly tumble end over end.

Aim about 10 feet in front of the crowd should do it Wink
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 10 Aug 2011, 3:28 pm

Blakey wrote:
    mottinghammer wrote:
    Baton rounds are good but you need to get up close and personal to make the best use of them, and use them in very large numbers,

No you don't.

The Army learned very quickly in the 80's that if you bounce them off the road, they are much more effective. They very quickly tumble end over end.

very very effective that way , bit closer to them and then kneecaps disappear upwards cheesey grin
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 10 Aug 2011, 3:52 pm

Blakey wrote:
    mottinghammer wrote:

No you don't.

Oh I like that Riots in Britain - Page 4 808317
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:39 pm

yes and it also helps if you double charge them or add razor blades or old pennies fitted to the front end. Only difference between N.Ireland then and London now is the old bill can't do that, which some might feel is a shame. Telling
    The rioters/looters/criminals can do as they please and the police have both hands tied behind their collective backs by the liberals/do gooders who have fcuked this country over in recent times. 😠
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:51 pm

Now, is it just me, or are the asian communities largely absent from the gangs of looting thugs that we see? But I thought that Muslims were the cause of all our society' s problems?? that's what I get told all the time. Very strange. Seems like they are largely victims of all this.
    Could it possibly be that the basic asian community values of self respect, hard w**k, respect for the law and families supporting each other are actually the same basic values of the majority of us? No, no, that couldn't possibly be right, could it....

Good luck to everyone at the sharp end, especially the Old Bill.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:56 pm

mottinghammer wrote:yes and it also helps if you double charge them or add razor blades or old pennies fitted to the front end. Only difference between N.Ireland then and London now is the old bill can't do that, which some might feel is a shame. Telling
    The rioters/looters/criminals can do as they please and the police have both hands tied behind their collective backs by the liberals/do gooders who have fcuked this country over in recent times. 😠

should just wrap job applications around the batons ... that would scare the bastards off.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 10 Aug 2011, 7:30 pm

ThreeWheeling wrote:
    mottinghammer wrote:yes and it also helps if you double charge them or add razor blades or old pennies fitted to the front end. Only difference between N.Ireland then and London now is the old bill can't do that, which some might feel is a shame. Telling

should just wrap job applications around the batons ... that would scare the bastards off.

rofl smiley rofl smiley rofl smiley
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:37 am

SemiOldIron wrote:Now, is it just me, or are the asian communities largely absent from the gangs of looting thugs that we see? But I thought that Muslims were the cause of all our society' s problems?? that's what I get told all the time. Very strange. Seems like they are largely victims of all this.
    Could it possibly be that the basic asian community values of self respect, hard w**k, respect for the law and families supporting each other are actually the same basic values of the majority of us? No, no, that couldn't possibly be right, could it....

Hmm, Without trying to stir trouble or look for an argument , but how do you know who is largely involved in the riots ? from what i have seen most of them are wearing hoodies etc. I bet you there is all sorts of colors and religions involved in them riots. Also i dont think i have read or herd anyone say anything on this thread about it being about Race or Religion. Like i say not trying to argu , just dont see why everyone so quick to bring this in to it . I thought they started off because someone got shot by police . They decided to protest quietly ,the rest you know about. I just dont see why its all kicking off country wide ?
    Didnt think north cared about the south?? why follow suit .
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:23 am

shaun of the thread wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:Now, is it just me, or are the asian communities largely absent from the gangs of looting thugs that we see? But I thought that Muslims were the cause of all our society' s problems?? that's what I get told all the time. Very strange. Seems like they are largely victims of all this.

Hmm, Without trying to stir trouble or look for an argument , but how do you know who is largely involved in the riots ? from what i have seen most of them are wearing hoodies etc. I bet you there is all sorts of colors and religions involved in them riots. Also i dont think i have read or herd anyone say anything on this thread about it being about Race or Religion. Like i say not trying to argu , just dont see why everyone so quick to bring this in to it . I thought they started off because someone got shot by police . They decided to protest quietly ,the rest you know about. I just dont see why its all kicking off country wide ?
    Didnt think north cared about the south?? why follow suit .

No mate, I'm certainly not trying to stir up any more trouble, there's enough of that already. Just trying to point out, maybe not too well, that our biggest problem in society right now turns out to be something a bit different from what we've been told for the past few years. We've been worried about a tiny, tiny minority of nutters wanting to wreck our society with bombs and bullets. Meanwhile we seem to have bred an underclass of young people with zero self-respect, respect for other people's property or the rule of law. And, having just seen the results of that, I for one find it whole lot more frightening.
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:28 am

Looking at England as en expat I see how much has changed in the 24 years I have been away . I have been back on many occasions to visit friends , family and football , every time I have been back I have been shocked on how things hav changed and how dirty it has become in the area I grew up . A couple of years ago I come over with two w**k mates and we stayed in Barking which was perfect for the Barking Dog and close to UP . What once was a ok area is now a right shit hole , houses where the front gardens are used for dumping the rubbish , old beds , furniture , bin bags from the kitchen etc left to rot there and stink . Wallking around Barking , East Ham UP at night used to be ok , would,nt try it nowadays. I only get news from papers tv and mates who live there so I have no first hand knowledge of what's going on . One thing for sure is that if England don't wake up and smell the coffee it will become one really fucked up country in the very near future . Too much softly softly with crimes , social ponses , fanatics and terrorists . Too many asylum seekers getting in for bullshit reasons , too many getting in pleading asylum getting released pending a hearing and disappearing . I don't know the answers and nor does the government . Youngsters have no respect anymore and nor do the thousands that come to our country for a better life and just stick their fingers up in your face , there are good and bad in all races so this is not a dig at foreigners . England is full now , there's no more room .
    shazza10
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  shazza10 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:44 am

There has always been an underclass and especially in london it just has never reared its ugly head like it has over the last week. At times there has been tension but nothing of this nature really has ever happened apart from the brixton riots and again that was due to the death of a person at the hands of the police. But when things like this happen the dregs of society will always latch onto what is happening and turn it from what it is to something tottaly out of hand like happened all over this fine countyr of ours in the last few days.

Gezzer is right our country is full but we ponce about too much with silly laws and poncy politicians who have no balls to stand up and say thats it this needs to stop.

although sometimes it is not the answer there are many foreigners over here who are doing good such as doctors nurses teachers and so on. it is just the small minority that have runided what should have been a quite polite way of staing the point.

There was all sorts of people rioting black white indian pakistani chinese so no one can be singled out for it.

all i know is that something has to be done to steer these youths away from this mindset that they do not care about there areas. and it has to be done in a way where they do not take ity too seriously that they start to protect there areas a little bit of pride wouldnt go a miss.

I see kids day in day out coming through the hospital with stab wounds bullet wounds badly beaten and in there words we was just protecting our ends. this means that basically they are in a gang and no one else from other gangs should go into there areas.

these kids have to steer away from this kind of behaviour. the goverment need to find something productive for these kids to do otherwise things will not change.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 11 Aug 2011, 12:19 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:

No mate, I'm certainly not trying to stir up any more trouble, there's enough of that already. Just trying to point out, maybe not too well, that our biggest problem in society right now turns out to be something a bit different from what we've been told for the past few years. We've been worried about a tiny, tiny minority of nutters wanting to wreck our society with bombs and bullets. Meanwhile we seem to have bred an underclass of young people with zero self-respect, respect for other people's property or the rule of law. And, having just seen the results of that, I for one find it whole lot more frightening.

I agree, we have bred the problem, how in the hell we deal with it though I do not know.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 11 Aug 2011, 12:50 pm

Sterilisation Very Happy
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:49 pm

The best way to stop asylum would be , for the people to apply for it in their country and for them to stay there untill it has been passed.
    Any one found here illegally should be deported straight away. And they should have a micro chip put in side them , so if they enter then it will show up where and when. Then just catch them and send them home.

Least that way only the needy get in and not the greedy.
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Thu 11 Aug 2011, 2:21 pm

Like the idea of the micro chip and applying for asylum in their country , that would save tax payers a few squids
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 11 Aug 2011, 2:55 pm

shazza10 wrote:There has always been an underclass and especially in london it just has never reared its ugly head like it has over the last week. At times there has been tension but nothing of this nature really has ever happened apart from the brixton riots and again that was due to the death of a person at the hands of the police. But when things like this happen the dregs of society will always latch onto what is happening and turn it from what it is to something tottaly out of hand like happened all over this fine countyr of ours in the last few days.

Gezzer is right our country is full but we ponce about too much with silly laws and poncy politicians who have no balls to stand up and say thats it this needs to stop.

although sometimes it is not the answer there are many foreigners over here who are doing good such as doctors nurses teachers and so on. it is just the small minority that have runided what should have been a quite polite way of staing the point.

There was all sorts of people rioting black white indian pakistani chinese so no one can be singled out for it.

all i know is that something has to be done to steer these youths away from this mindset that they do not care about there areas. and it has to be done in a way where they do not take ity too seriously that they start to protect there areas a little bit of pride wouldnt go a miss.

I see kids day in day out coming through the hospital with stab wounds bullet wounds badly beaten and in there words we was just protecting our ends. this means that basically they are in a gang and no one else from other gangs should go into there areas.

these kids have to steer away from this kind of behaviour. the goverment need to find something productive for these kids to do otherwise things will not change.

Before you make statements like that at least attempt to get your facts straight.

The Brixton riots were started as a direct result of a person being stabbed by another member of the same ethnic grouping as themselves, police intervened and the 'community' took it upon themselves to rescue the injured person from the police who were trying to save his life.

The 'community' in Brixton then took it upon itself to show their displeasure at the police for their actions by attacking police, and the area they lived in, destroying 41 buildings and causing £m's of damage, injurying many people including hundreds of police officers.

THE POLICE DID NOT KILL ANYONE AT THE START OF THE BRIXTON RIOTS ITS A finguck MYTH 😠

The fact operation 'Swamp' was causing the locals robbers to lose considerable income was also used as an excuse. As a result the Scarman enquiry, like the MacPherson enquiry into policing went further than its original remit in looking at stop and search powers, maybe if police could stop and search today some of these shits without the fear of losing thier jobs you may not see what is happening today.
    shazza10
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  shazza10 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 5:28 pm

So mrs jarret did not die at the hands of the police then? this is not what started the riots in broadwater farm?

I have family and freinds in Tottenham and they would strongly place this as being the reason why them riots started.

I did not mean to cause offence i was just stating what i knew and beleived. if you beleive differently then so be it.

Perhaps we have got our wires crossed i am talking about the braidwater farm riots? which were a catalyst for the brixton riots and others around the country.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 2:43 am