West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+18
Johnny K
SemiOldIron
Kray JR
Namhammer
mottinghammer
Sir Ian
Blakey
Suzanne Claret
alfiehammer
manurewa hammer
Tony P
Jiggs
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Nicki
Arran H
Charlie Ham
Campo
Admin
22 posters

Jan silly season 2013

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Jan silly season 2013 - Page 14 Empty Re: Jan silly season 2013

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 27 Jan 2013, 8:26 pm

Only 174 to go Gueezer.

4 days to go and maybe only maybe a couple of signing.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 28 Jan 2013, 7:24 pm

Jack Sullivan ‏@jsullivanwhu
    Emanuel Pogatetz has just signed for #WHU #whufc #COYI
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 28 Jan 2013, 7:34 pm

Johnny K wrote:He sounds a bit like that Czech fellah we used to have.

What a fucking nutter ?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 28 Jan 2013, 7:46 pm

Admin wrote:

What a fucking nutter ?

Yep! He was nicknamed "Mad Dog" by the Boro fans !!
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 28 Jan 2013, 8:51 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Admin wrote:

What a fucking nutter ?

Yep! He was nicknamed "Mad Dog" by the Boro fans !!

Tomas Repka was not a nutter emot
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 28 Jan 2013, 8:53 pm

Hammers loan Pogatetz
    Emmanuel Pogatetz has joined West Ham United on loan until the end of the season
    SendSend PrintPrint RssRSS

West Ham United are pleased to announce the signing of Austria international defender Emmanuel Pogatetz on loan until the end of the 2012/13 season.

Pogatetz, who joins the Hammers from German Bundesliga club VfL Wolfsburg, has been capped more than 50 times and is able to play at either centre-back or left-back.

The powerful 30-year-old also has extensive experience of the English Premier League, having spent five seasons with Middlesbrough between 2005 and 2010. After two-and-a-half seasons in Germany with Hannover 96 and Wolfsburg, the Graz-born player is delighted to be returning to this country.

"I feel very good to be here and I am very excited about playing for West Ham," he told whufc.com. "I am looking forward to the opportunity to play for the club and help it get good results. I will be doing my best to play well and hope I can play a part in the club achieving the targets for this season.

"First of all when I heard that West Ham wanted me, I thought it was a club I wanted to play for because they are a very traditional club, with passionate supporters. Secondly, it was good for to have the opportunity to come back and play in England. This is the football I want to play and I have missed playing here, I want to show what I am still capable of after five years playing in Middlesbrough."

Born in Austria's second-largest city in January 1983, Pogatetz won the Austrian Cup with FC Karnten in his first season as a professional in 2000/01, earning a move to German club and then-UEFA Champions League regulars Bayer 04 Leverkusen.

Pogatetz spent four seasons with Leverkusen, during which time he was loaned to Swiss side FC Aarau, his hometown club Grazer AK and Russian Premier League outfit Spartak Moscow, where he played alongside future West Ham midfielder Radoslav Kovac and partnered future Manchester United star Nemanja Vidic in defence.

The versatile defender moved to the Premier League in June 2005, when one-time England manager Steve McClaren spent £1.8m to take him from Leverkusen to Middlesbrough.

Pogatetz made 158 appearances in five seasons at the Riverside Stadium, helping Middlesbrough to reach the UEFA Cup final in his first season on Teesside, only to miss the 4-0 defeat by Sevilla after fracturing his eye socket in a quarter-final victory over FC Basel.

During the 2007/08 season, Pogatetz was appointed Middlesbrough captain. Playing alongside future Hammers Gary O'Neil and Mido and ex-West Ham striker Jeremie Aliadiere, the Austrian helped Boro to maintain their place in the Premier League.

Middlesbrough were relegated in 2009, but Pogatetz stayed loyal to the club as they started life in the Championship. However, a recurrence of his fractured cheekbone restricted his first-team appearances.

The player was snapped up by Hannover in June 2010, helping the club to reach the UEFA Europa League quarter-finals in 2011/12 and totalling 72 appearances over two seasons. Bundesliga rivals Wolfsburg liked what they saw and moved for Pogatetz last summer.

The 6'3 tall defender has also been a regular for Austria at senior level since making his debut in a friendly with neighbours Germany in Leverkusen in May 2002.

Since then, Pogatetz has become an influential figure for his national side, starting all three group-stage games when Austria hosted the UEFA European Championship finals in 2008.

The defender has netted twice in his 52 international appearances - in a UEFA European Championship qualifier against Netherlands in September 2003 and in a friendly draw in Italy in August 2008.
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:20 pm

Admin wrote:

What a fucking nutter ?

Yup - that'd be the one. Must be something about central European countries & losing it on the football pitch!
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 29 Jan 2013, 11:24 am

Warnock now going to Leeds as they have offered a longer deal
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 29 Jan 2013, 11:36 am

I read a rumour that Norwich might let hoult go if they are successful with other bids. I still think for the right price Hoult is a decent striker
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 29 Jan 2013, 2:05 pm

Jan silly season 2013 - Page 14 Diame_2860290
    The future of Mohamed Diame at West Ham United remains unclear after manager Sam Allardyce confessed there is 'total confusion' regarding the midfielder.

Arsenal and Aston Villa are both interested in the 25-year-old Senegal international, who was only signed last summer but has a £3.5million release clause in his contract at Upton Park.

There has yet to be a bid for Diame, according to Allardyce, but that situation is subject to change ahead of Thursday's transfer deadline.

"Whatever he says to me today might change in an hour's time. Whatever he says now, if Manchester United ring up in one hour's time, he's not going to want to stay, is he?"
    Sam Allardyce Quotes of the week

"My understanding is that it's total confusion," said Allardyce in the build-up to Wednesday's Premier League London derby at Fulham. "I'm as confused as anyone by what's happening.

"I'm sat there listening to what's going on but, deep down inside, behind the scenes, I speak to the chairman and, where we are at the moment, we're relatively comfortable regarding Mo Diame."

But Allardyce added: "Whatever he says to me today might change in an hour's time. Whatever he says now, if Manchester United ring up in one hour's time, he's not going to want to stay, is he?

"So it doesn't matter what he's saying now. It could change between now and 11 o'clock Thursday night in the flick of a text, or an email, or a phone call.

"There are certain situations where, yes, we might lose the player. I hope we don't. But if the situation develops accordingly, there's going to be the chance we lose him. We're trying to keep him."

Carlton Cole is another player who Allardyce does not expect to leave West Ham but there has been interest from Turkish club Kasimpasa.

The striker has just six months left on his contract and could be behind loan signings Andy Carroll and Marouane Chamakh in Allardyce's plans.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 29 Jan 2013, 4:46 pm

Jan silly season 2013 - Page 14 Morgan-Amalfitano_0

Reading and West Ham have been handed a possible transfer boost after Morgan Amalfitano revealed he could leave Marseille before the end of the week.

talkSPORT told you on Monday that both Premier League sides are tracking the 27-year-old, whose younger brother Romain is on the books at Newcastle United.

And the one-time France international has fuelled speculation he is heading for these shores by admitting he is unsure of what his future holds.

He told France Football: "The truth is this. Like all players, there is a likelihood of a possible departure. I am just one player, and you never know what football holds."

Cant say I know too much about him , anyone ? without the use of Google Wink
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 29 Jan 2013, 4:51 pm

cheesey grin

Tuesday, 29th January, 2013

Marseille midfielder Morgan Amalfitano has played down talk of a transfer away to the Stade Velodrome, by stressing his is happy to be a part of coach Elie Baup’s team.

Speculation is swirling over a possible exit for the French midfielder before the transfer window slams shut, with English sides QPR and West Ham believed to be keen on him.

And while Amalfitano is not ready to leave Marseille and Baup wants to keep him, the club’s financial situation means that a substantial offer would be looked at by sporting director Jose Anigo.

But the 27-year-old has made his position clear.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Jan silly season 2013 - Page 14 Empty Paul Robinson (again)

Post  Tony P Tue 29 Jan 2013, 9:26 pm

Blackburn stopper Robinson set to be reunited with Allardyce at West Ham

By John Edwards

PUBLISHED: 19:11, 29 January 2013 | UPDATED: 19:44, 29 January 2013

Blackburn goalkeeper Paul Robinson is set to link up with former manager Sam Allardyce at West Ham.

Hammers reserve stopper Stephen Henderson will move the other way in a part-exchange deal.

The 33-year-old former England international has been dropped for youngster Jake Kean at Ewood Park.

Allardyce was at Blackburn between 2008- 2010 and Robinson was his first choice goalkeeper.

Now he will be vying for a first team place with Jussi Jaaskelainen at Upton Park.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If this comes off I will be very happy. Not happy with Jussi at all. Good as a back-up but not good enough to be a No.1 anymore IMO
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 29 Jan 2013, 9:48 pm

I always liked Robinson, like mist keepers who played for England his mistakes got over highlighted but he's a decent shot stopper and good with crosses as I recall
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 29 Jan 2013, 10:40 pm

alfiehammer wrote:I always liked Robinson, like mist keepers who played for England his mistakes got over highlighted but he's a decent shot stopper and good with crosses as I recall

He is still a top keeper. He has a great kick too. Perfect for BFS's style of play (allegedly) !!
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Wed 30 Jan 2013, 12:05 am

He's always been a bit 'rabbit in the headlights' for me, & had panic written in his eyes. Not seen him for a while so hopefully he's done a Peter Shilton. We certainly need decent cover, one way or the other.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:50 am

Yes he would be a good buy for us HOWEVER what I cant see the point off is giving them henderson as part of the deal !?!

Sureley it doesnt make sense buying a 33 year old and letting a 24 year old go the other way as part of the deal !?!?!?

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:16 am

Arran H wrote:Yes he would be a good buy for us HOWEVER what I cant see the point off is giving them henderson as part of the deal !?!

Sureley it doesnt make sense buying a 33 year old and letting a 24 year old go the other way as part of the deal !?!?!?

Because Henderson is shit and BFS doesn't trust him. I tend to agree. That leaves a 19 year old as our back-up keeper. That is not a good state of affairs IMO
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:22 am

I would be happy for Robinson to come in

Henderson is not living up to the promise that he showed and from what i have read has gone backwards very quickly and may yet find his level at league one / two
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Jan silly season 2013 - Page 14 Empty Rat boy

Post  Campo Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:24 am

West Ham United eye Razvan Rat capture

By Matt Cotton, Reporter
    Filed: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 07:39 UK
    Last Updated: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 07:40 UK
    West Ham United are reportedly weighing up a move for Shakhtar Donetsk defender Razvan Rat.

The Romania captain is out of contract with the Ukrainian club in the summer and would therefore be allowed to leave for free in six months time.

Shakhtar are unlikely to agree fresh terms with the left-back, and are keen on securing a fee for the player before his current deal expires.

Despite recruiting Emanuel Pogatetz on loan until the end of the current campaign earlier this week, manager Sam Allardyce is keen on adding Rat to his squad, amid interest from several other Premier League clubs.

The 31-year-old has won multiple titles with Shakhtar, including the 2009 UEFA Cup.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 30 Jan 2013, 11:22 am

Arran H wrote:Yes he would be a good buy for us HOWEVER what I cant see the point off is giving them henderson as part of the deal !?!

33 really isn't that old for a keeper, some of the best keepers in the premiership have had their best years in their 30s- friedel for example, or van de ser or even peter schmeichel won the European cup at about 38 years old.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 30 Jan 2013, 11:24 am

he used to be mustard on football manager (sorry blakey) and always looked good in the few times I seen him play..a very attacking left back with a good cross on him...probably more attacking then defensive...
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 30 Jan 2013, 12:13 pm

Kevin Nolan on the January Silly Season

West Ham captain Kevin Nolan today lent his weight to growing criticism of the January transfer window.

A group of Premier League managers, including West Ham’s Sam Allardyce, have criticised the present system, with Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp likening it to “gang warfare”.

Nolan said: “I don’t like the January window. It disrupts everything. During the summer I’m like all football fans — the TV is always on and I’m checking on who has gone where.

“This month, though, in the middle of the season, it’s different and I tend not to take much notice of the rumours. Mo Diame is an example — he’s going here, there and everywhere. It’s so disruptive for the players involved.

“It needs looking at — it may be exciting for the fans and the media but I sense this time that managers are getting sick and tired of it all.

“Even sitting with the gaffer for half an hour, you hear his phone ringing constantly. It must be a nightmare for him.”

I tend to agree with him , it cant be any good for players especially if they dont know if they are going or staying or if the rest of the team dont know if another team mate will be there next day .

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 30 Jan 2013, 12:40 pm

What Tony said twist

I'd be very happy to see Robinson in goal.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 30 Jan 2013, 12:58 pm

Only 35 hrs left to go of this utter madness thank feck twist

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 5:40 pm