West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+15
Dan C
Arran H
RichB
Hungry Hammer 66
manurewa hammer
Charlie Ham
Admin
JulianDicksLeftKnee
westhamonkey
alfiehammer
Jiggs
Tony P
Blakey
Kray JR
Campo
19 posters

January Silly Season 2014

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

January Silly Season 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: January Silly Season 2014

Post  alfiehammer Wed 15 Jan 2014, 10:56 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:Are we still waiting?

To sell maiga? Unfortunately yes
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Thu 16 Jan 2014, 11:06 am

Looks Like Lacina Traore will be signing today or tomorrow then has Sam Allardyce was not at the press conference ahead of the Newcastle game and this was the reason Neil McDonald gave the reporter`s when asked why Sam wasn't there :
    "He's busy trying to tie up a player so he's a little preoccupied with that. He's trying to get that done and dusted which is unfortunately taking up his time at the minute. Apologies for him not being here."

I really hope that we do get Traore and sign him in time so that he can play apart on Saturday !
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 16 Jan 2014, 11:48 am

Traore, has not played since october as the ruskies have a 2 month break, also he has a slight hamstring pull,
    you will not be seeing him on the pitch for at least 2-3 weeks
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Thu 16 Jan 2014, 5:26 pm

alfiehammer wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:Are we still waiting?

To sell maiga? Unfortunately yes

And we still wait.   sleep
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Thu 16 Jan 2014, 7:54 pm

Campo wrote:Traore, has not played since october as the ruskies have a 2 month break, also he has a slight hamstring pull,

So we might just have him and Carroll fully match fit by early May then  January Silly Season 2014 - Page 7 200143081 
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 16 Jan 2014, 9:02 pm

Campo wrote:Traore, has not played since october as the ruskies have a 2 month break, also he has a slight hamstring pull,
     AT LEAST. If Fat Sam makes Traore do a mini pre-season as he did with Petric we won't be seeing him this side of Easter
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 16 Jan 2014, 10:07 pm

But we can pay his wages whilst we get him fit.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 16 Jan 2014, 10:42 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:But we can pay his wages whilst we get him fit.

It is the West Ham way Stu !!
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:25 am

or we sign him and play him saturday... we lose the game and he gets injured and sits out the rest of the season while we pay his wages.

it's the west ham way
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:28 am

We'll be lucky to even get him signed before the Chelsea game. The work permit hearing was on Monday and here we are on Friday with no news whatsoever coming out of the club
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:17 pm

Miaga turned down QPR
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:52 pm

Can't say I blame him.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 17 Jan 2014, 7:27 pm

Maybe it was a practical joke on behalf of the club to get Harry back. Just saying.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Fri 17 Jan 2014, 7:49 pm

yawning 
    I'm so bored with this.   sleep
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:36 pm

rumour: Traore off now to Everton

conflicts over if West Ham can be the only one to be able to use the work permit though?
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 18 Jan 2014, 10:16 am

[quote="Campo"]rumour: Traore off now to Everton

conflicts over if West Ham can be the only one to be able to use the work permit though?[/quote]

From what I have read , Everton can get him as though we have a permit for him we have yet to summit the paperwork as we are concern about an injury he has so all the time we don't summit the paperwork other clubs can get a permit for him and sign him etc but once we have summited the paperwork no other club can get him for 4 months at least as the permit is for him to play for us only , Someone posted on Facebook about this so that where this information from weather or not its true I don't know
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 18 Jan 2014, 10:59 am

hugh has just released a piece
    looks like the club were not happy with fitness levels of traore, looking at 6 weeks to be match fit, and they tried to get the player cheaper than before as he will be half way through the loan before he can be played
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 19 Jan 2014, 6:23 pm

you would think someone would figure all this shit out before they go to all the bother of trying to sign someone
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 19 Jan 2014, 8:51 pm

Must always be like this when you are buying on the cheap Monkey.  At least it has finally sunk in, that it's a risk to buy injured footballers.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 19 Jan 2014, 8:54 pm

If he is injured then good luck to Everton
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 19 Jan 2014, 8:57 pm

Jiggs wrote:Must always be like this when you are buying on the cheap Monkey.  At least it has finally sunk in, that it's a risk to buy injured footballers.

but if that's the case... how come he's been seen in Liverpool prior to being snapped up by Everton?

I mean... if he's too injured or unfit to play... why would Everton want to buy him?

I know it's all just paper speculation until it happens...

But it does go to show just how incredibly unpopular we are from a players perspective.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 20 Jan 2014, 8:08 am

It now appears that even Everton are stalling on the deal
    could be another Ba type situation
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 9:10 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:Must always be like this when you are buying on the cheap Monkey.  At least it has finally sunk in, that it's a risk to buy injured footballers.

but if that's the case... how come he's been seen in Liverpool prior to being snapped up by Everton?

I mean... if he's too injured or unfit to play... why would Everton want to buy him?

But it does go to show just how incredibly unpopular we are from a players perspective.

Mate, below is  part of one of my very first posts in August 2012 and shows how I saw things would pan out under Fat Sham  and what's now happening concerning people signing for us and was told then by you and others on here that I didn't know what I was talking about where unfortunately it's the board and manager who have royaly fecked up the running of our club and especially transfers and signings ( just look at your mate Carlton Coles new deal after he was released last summer )

Ok, so the Fat Controller keeps us up with this physical, predictable, outdated and ugly type of football, as outlined by our owners and we loose another season playing our "antique take on the game while our competitors have continued to evolve and improve to the next level;EXACTLY WHAT SORT OF PLAYER IS GONNA WANT TO PLAY FOR US?, We are allready devoid of any real quality and struggling to attract quality as any right minded quality " EVOLUTIONARY BALL PLAYERS" are gonna avoid us and our prehistoric football like the plague and we end up havin to watch average journeymen playing UGLY FUCKIN ALLADYCE FOOTBALL for another season with another relegation battle.

I love Our West Ham as much as all of us and hopefully and as so eloquently pointed out by all of ya, am chattin complete and utterly unfounded, misguided and delusional bollicks,
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 20 Jan 2014, 6:14 pm

Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

Mate, below is  part of one of my very first posts in August 2012 and shows how I saw things would pan out under Fat Sham  and what's now happening concerning people signing for us and was told then by you and others on here that I didn't know what I was talking about where unfortunately it's the board and manager who have royaly fecked up the running of our club and especially transfers and signings ( just look at your mate Carlton Coles new deal after he was released last summer )

Ok, so the Fat Controller keeps us up with this physical, predictable, outdated and ugly type of football, as outlined by our owners and we loose another season playing our "antique take on the game while our competitors have continued to evolve and improve to the next level;EXACTLY WHAT SORT OF PLAYER IS GONNA WANT TO PLAY FOR US?, We are allready devoid of any real quality and struggling to attract quality as any right minded quality " EVOLUTIONARY BALL PLAYERS" are gonna avoid us and our prehistoric football like the plague and we end up havin to watch average journeymen playing UGLY FUCKIN ALLADYCE FOOTBALL for another season with another relegation battle.

I love Our West Ham as much as all of us and hopefully and as so eloquently pointed out by all of ya, am chattin complete and utterly unfounded, misguided and delusional bollicks,

You are funny dude... there's nothing wrong with what you say in theory... but it is so obviously all couched in the fact that you hate Sam Allardyce and won't look, listen or consider any other point of view...

When were we an attractive option for players?
    When did we ever buy anything other than players past their sell-by date... players that turned out to be complete and utter shite.

For all your rabid hatred of our current manager and owners, it's not like this is something that is unique to them - it's been endemic at our club for almost as long as I can remember.

You'd think Carroll would be a good thing... but he cost us more money than anyone and is barely match fit over halfway into the season.

The last 'decent' signings we made were Tevez and Mascherano... Mascherano we barely even played (despite him managing to find first team action with some of the bigger clubs in Europe) and Tevez cost us 25m in fines and almost cost us a place in the Prem because his transfer turned out to be illegal or whatever bollix they eventually found a judge to agree to...

And before that... honestly... who was the last player we bought that got you or any of us really excited?

So hate on Sam all you want... despise and deride the two Daves for putting their hands in their pockets to the tune of money you and I will never know...

But at least when you put on your rose tinted spectacles, understand that it's pretty much always been like this.

Everything about us is pretty shit - the OS, our league form, our team... the only thing we have going for us is that we're West Ham ans that ain't got much of a market value beyond sentimentality these dyas.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 20 Jan 2014, 7:19 pm

Relatively new hammer compared to many people on here, think it's 16 years know. But in that 16 years we've always been a bit of a 2bob team. Wasn't it Eyal berkovic who called as as good as a Sunday league side? In that time we have had some players of flair: berkovic, Joey cole, tricky Trevor Sinclair, di Canio, benayoun and tevez....but that's about it. And most of them all played together in one team. And with a bit of funding, what a team that would have become. But that squad was paper thin and mixed together with garbage and relegation happened and the team broke up.

I'm not sure west ham ever been much better then this, always cobbled together flair with a few hard case and a few tryers.

I'll probably got shot for saying this, but when people look back nostalgically at great west ham teams and players, such as the 1980 cup winning team, they were still a second tier team at the time. Must have been some shit and poor performances in there to get relegated.

In short, I'd love a few more flair players to get excited about, but I don't expect too much from west ham and I'm more then content with that.

As for the Dave's, I'm just glad they give me a team, any team to support. I defy HH to say the biscuit or 2bob brown were better owners. and I'd walk away from west ham rather then see a Arab billionaire ruin us.

COYIs

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 1:33 pm